By Billy-Ray Belcourt
1. He told me he was into natives, but he couldn’t love the traumas hidden in my breathing.
2. How do you tell a ghost that it’s already dead, that its body is a fairy tale you stopped reading a long time ago?
3. What happens when wounds start to work like bandages?
4. One time I slept with a man who looked like he was dying. Each time his body found mine it felt like he was collecting fragments of it. It was as if I were an elixir, a potion that could extend his life if he just took me long enough.
5. Sometimes love feels like vanishing, like taking apart pieces of yourself and giving them to someone who can’t use them.
6. He was native, too, so I slept with him. I wanted to taste the same histories of violence that I couldn’t get rid…
View original post 111 more words